Syngene Incorporated in the year 1994, Syngene International is one of India€™s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompasses all across discovery chain: early stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built up facilities. The state-of-the-art research facilities have been qualified by various pharmaceutical majors & regulatory agencies and has received various certifications including ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, GLP and AAALAC. Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb’s work in discovery and early drug development.
Looking for a highly innovative, enthusiastic and result-oriented individual who will lead a team of scientists, interfacing with the clients for their research and business needs and managing the activities of the Assay Development Group complying with the company quality and regulatory standards. The candidate will be involved in guiding the team for the development & qualification of different types of cell free biochemical and biophysical assays as part of the integrated and standalone projects.
- Scientifically contributing and leading the client FTE projects on cell free assays, regular updates and communications to internal and external customers on the progress of the project
- Manage a team of Scientists- Masters [includes goal setting, understanding developmental needs, assigning responsibilities in the laboratory activities, critically assessing their performance and providing timely feedback]
- Scientific execution of work, developing new assays, troubleshooting the assays, data analysis and presentations
- Active participation in the strategic drives- Data Integrity and Safety; Compound management & automation based on experience
- Writing and Review of Laboratory Note Books, Raw data and study report to ensure data integrity for himself/herself and for reporting team.
- Review reports and protocol of method development, qualification, and other studies
- Responsible for detailed planning of sample analysis and execution of protocol based studies.
- Technical data presentation in departmental and functional meetings.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to build a small team and manage the daily activities of the assay group managing biochemical assays for drug discovery projects
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team.
Educational Qualification: Ph.D or Masters Biological sciences or related field
- Strong technical expertise in developing biochemical and biophysical assays, activity/ binding assays in multiple assay formats e.g. HTRF, FP, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA, Luminescence, DSF, MST, SPR, Thermal Shift or label-free technologies etc.
- Strong experience in conducting enzyme kinetic studies for MoA determination of small molecules e.g. Covalent inhibition, irreversible and reversible inhibition, Ki, Kinact/Ki determination etc.; binding affinity determinations and protein-protein interactions.
- Biochemical assay expertise for establishing assays for high throughput screening eg in 384 well format
- Experience and good track record for screening of compounds in primary assays driving SAR for discovery projects
- Knowledge of QC parameters for compound screening in biochemical assays for various target classes
- Interacts with other members of the department in developing innovative technologies and assay platform.
- Knowledge in regulatory guidelines related to biosafety, and statistical data analysis.
- 6-9 years of relevant experience preferably industrial post Ph.D
- Ability to manage a team of professionals to deliver quality work within the time frame, train and coach junior scientists, inculcate good work ethics.
- Ability to work with coworkers and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and ability to communicate effectively with high transparency is essential.
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on working in a team environment to accomplish impactful results.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Similar Jobs: Ipca Laboratories Limited job vacancy for Any Graduate Freshers – Submit Resume to HR Email
More Job Updates Join What’s App Group – Click Here
Join Telegram Group – Click Here